Sunday 7 August 2011

Kaitlyn's story

Dear friends,


I’m Margaret (as some of you have known). This email/blog/facebook note is part of my effort to do fund raising for Kaitlyn. My friends once helped me by doing fund raising for my Mom. Now, it’s my turn to pay it forward. I heard about Kaitlyn from my sister. She asked me whether I wanted to come and visit and pray for Kaitlyn, since her mother is Christian (same to my religion). I said ok. I don’t know her parents and I’m not acquainted to her in any ways. I just purely want to help a friend in need.


Meet Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn is an 8-months old baby girl, a second child from Dewi and Akong. Her full name is Kaitlyn Letisha Wijaya. They lived in North Jakarta. She was born without a connection between large intestines and small intestines. This means, she can’t pass feces like normal people do. The parents detected the anomaly when she was just 2 days old. They noticed that her stomach was swollen. They brought her to doctor & they found out that Kaitlyn has this anomaly.

Kaitlyn is sensitive to bacteria & she has to be fed through machine


Kaitlyn with her Mom and Dad


In Jakarta, Kaitlyn has been treated in 3 different hospitals, which costs more than 200 million rupiahs (around S$28,985). But her condition was not getting better, despite the changes in treatment. (The details of this part is to be updated later).

Her weight has never pass 3 kg, even though she was 5 months old at that time.

A friend of them suggested them to go to Singapore, because her condition was not improved. In Singapore where she is treated, she had bravely gone through 5 surgeries. The last surgery was done on 27th July 2011.

A bravery award for Kaitlyn for her last surgery on 27th July 2011


Kaitlyn is now using 3 catheters. 1 for her milk feeding (through nose), and the other 2 are for urine and feces. She has to be fed through nose, because if she drinks through mouth, it will go directly to the intestines. So at the moment, the doctor is planning to decrease the level of milk feeding through nose gradually, while they increase the level of milk feeding orally.

Kaitlyn's condition (5th August 2011)

At the time this article written (5th August 2011), Kaitlyn is still in KK hospital (details below). She is suffering from diarrhea for the last few days. On this coming 12th August 2011, Kaitlyn will have been staying at KK hospital for 4 months. Since she was admitted in Singapore, she has gain weight. Now her weight is almost 5 kg.


Financial needs

At first, KK hospital asked for S$30,000 deposit for Kaitlyn to be admitted, but upon seeing Kaitlyn’s condition, the deposit amount jumped into S$200,000. When I visited her on 4th August 2011, her parents told me that they still have around S$70,000 hospital bills to be cleared.

Her doctor has been very helpful by deciding to keep treating Kaitlyn, despite her parents saying that they have no more money to pay him.

Thus, through this media, I’m knocking at your door & ask if any of you would like to help Kaitlyn. The money raised will purely used to pay hospital bills.


How you can help

There are various ways to help Kaitlyn:
1.      Pray for her
2.      Visit her (please contact me personally to get more information). I don’t post her Ward and bed no here, because I think her parents would like to have some rest too. So I will ask for her permission, if she would like to have some visitors.
3.      Help her by paying the hospital bills.
4.      Help her getting some of her daily needs, such as pampers, wet wipes, etc. Please check with me to ensure that you’re giving items that really needed.
5.      If you have any other idea to help, contact me.

Here how the fund raising will goes.

1.      You can donate money directly.
a.       In Indonesian Rupiahs – you can transfer to her parents’ bank account (BCA Account). Email me to get her bank account no.
b.      In Singapore Dollars (preferably – because the bills are in SGD) – you can transfer to me. I have UOB and POSB account. Please sms/email me your name, amount transferred & bank name at loveforkaitlyn@gmail.com. This will be reflected at this blog every 3days.
2.      You can pay for her hospital bills directly. You could come to KK hospital to settle some of the bills directly.
3.      You can give to her Mom (Dewi), upon visiting Kaitlyn at hospital.
4.      This fund raising will last for a month (means this fund-raising will ends on 7th September 2011). If  you want to help further from that date, I can give you her parent's (Dewi's) contacts.


How can I be sure that the money will go to pay her bills?

1.     This blog is created for that purpose. This blog will be updated every 3 days. Her parents will know about this blog too.
2.      Whatever donation I received within 3-days will be posted online (I will put initials only, unless you request your full name to be displayed), together with the total amount of fund raised to that date.
3.      Fund will be used to pay for hospital bills the next time I visit her (probably once every 1 or 2 weeks). The bills will be scanned and posted online at the blog site as well. In this way, you know where the money goes.
4.      If there’s any balance, I will give it to her parents.

If you have any other question, please email me at loveforkaitlyn@gmail.com


Me (on the left), with Dewi & Kaitlyn


Thank you for your kind heart & help. God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment